Through our awards portfolio established in 1995, Toronto Arts Foundation has honoured many of Toronto’s finest artists and arts organizations. Toronto Arts Foundation Awards are presented to artists, cultural leaders and businesses in recognition of artistic excellence, cultural leadership and contribution to the arts. Financial support of the annual Toronto Arts Foundation Awards is provided through a combination of legacies and annual donations from private and corporate donors.
Nominations for 2016 Toronto Arts Foundation Awards will open on February 15, 2016. Any person may submit a nomination including arts champions, fellow artists, arts managers and leaders, board directors. Nominations forms will be made available online on February 15, 2016 for the following awards:
The deadline for nominations is March 21, 2016.
Information you can prepare in advance for the online application:
- A short explanation of why the person/organization you are nominating should be considered for the award.
- A brief statement (discussing how the award would impact or further his/her future career. (Only for the Emerging Artist Award and the Emerging Artist Award)
- 100 word bio of the artist or organization being nominated.
- CV/resume (maximum 2 pages)
- Support material: this can be in the form of print material such as published materials, press clippings or audio/visual items. Accepted files formats will be listed in the online application form.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Christy DiFelice, Music Officer, Toronto Arts Council
Tel: 416-392-6802 x202