The Grants Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for the delivery of TAC grant programs and also provides general office support and relief at the reception desk as required.
- Providing phone support to applicants using TAC Grants Online application system.
- Retrieving and reporting data from the online grants system on request.
- Providing basic program information to prospective applicants.
- Providing support to Grants Officers in processing applications.
- Providing support for adjudication meetings
- Coordination of meetings, including room set-up and clean-up
- Fulfilling other clerical and administrative duties, as required.
This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. A positive attitude and willingness to “pitch in” and help out when needed is required. As a support to several staff members and a possible first contact for callers requesting program information, this position requires a helpful and welcoming attitude and a commitment to customer service.
The successful candidate will be proficient with Windows-based software (Word, Excel), will be comfortable setting up and operating audio-visual equipment and will be capable of working collaboratively within a small office environment. Knowledge of HTML and/or online systems is an asset.
Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Conflict of Interest restrictions:
The successful candidate may not work in any paid capacity with organizations and collectives that apply to or receive funding through TAC grants programs.
Toronto Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Please submit cover letter and resume by 5:00 pm on November 28, 2014 by email only to Director of Grants Beth Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify Grants Assistant in the subject line.